Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Preparation for EOYs- LA

Paper 1(Narrative and Situational writing):

I will definitely have to go over the notes that were given out and create my own notes from them. Memorising letter writing formats, especially letters of request and complains, will also be a must on the list. Re-writing micro-fiction would also be a big boost to making my story as tight as possible. Besides, as the saying goes "the more you write, the more you get wrong!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
Paper 2(Comprehension):

PRACTICE is critical to honing one's skill at comprehension. The ability to carefully and accurately make inferences and picking out the right points is the outcome of countless practices.
As for the vocabulary section, reading more of the newspaper and maybe even the dictionary would help to increase our "arsenal" of vocabulary. For the summary, again, practising micro-fiction will be an essential tool to conquering the paper.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Paper 3( Literature-Unseen poem/ Unseen prose):

Re-reading Animal Farm is one of the main points in this part of revision. I can also re-read the previous tests or written practices on unseen poems or prose to see my mistakes and hopefully manage to correct them with the help of the many notes with regards to figures of speech, how to do character sketches etc.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Here's me signing of with a famous quote by Julius Caesar(not Caesar salad, which was created by Caesar Cardini but I will not go into details...):
Veni (I came into the Examination room), Vidi (I saw the examination scripts), Vici( I conquered it...hopefully) Buh Bye till the next post...=]



1 comment:

  1. I am expecting big results from you, Joel, with this kind of indepth preparation. I'm confident you will conquer.

    ReplyDelete